June 15, 2016
Supreme Court Holds Puerto Rico Recovery Act Preempted by Bankruptcy Code - Schulte Roth & Zabel Memorandum.
May 24, 2016
Opportunity for Puerto Rico: Bill Offers Orderly Way to Restructure
Debts." - Mark Cymrot and Simon Johnson.
March 30, 2016
"Thoughts on the Restructuring of the Bonds Owed by the Government Development Bank of Puerto Rico." - Alain G De Vrieze and Christopher De Vrieze (ADV & Co.).
February 18, 2016
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico Debt Crisis and Its Significance for Other Municipal Markets
January 13, 2016
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico Debt Crisis and Its Significance for Other Municipal Markets in New York on February 18, 2016. Click Here to Register.
September 28, 2015
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico At A Crossroads.
- "Assessment of the Puerto Rico Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan and Recommendations." September 2015 - Jose Fajgenbaum, Jorge Guzman and Claudio Loser (Centennial Group Latin America).
- "The Senior Cofina Bondholders' Letter." September 25, 2015 - John E. Mudd.
- "Restructuring Process and Principles." September 24, 2015 - Prepared by the Working Group for the Fiscal and Economic Recovery of Puerto Rico.
- "The Board Would Watch Over The Pact With Credits ????" September 19, 2015 - John E. Mudd.
- "Puerto Rico Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan." Prepared by the Working Group for the Fiscal and Economic Recovery of Puerto Rico Pursuant to Executive Order 2015-022 - September 9, 2015.
- "Governor Garcia Padilla Addresses Public on the Working Group for the Fiscal and Economic Recovery of Puerto Rico's 'Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan'." September 9, 2015.
- "Commonwealth of Puerto Rico - Liquidity Update." August 25, 2015 - Conway MacKenzie.
- "A PR Local Financial Board Would be Unconstitutional." July 28, 2015 - John E. Mudd.
- "Puerto Rico - A Way Forward." July 13, 2015 - Anne O. Krueger, Ranjit Teja and Andrew Wolfe.
- "Federal Oversight of Puerto Rico is Necessary (and Legal), OP-ED-The Hill." June 24, 2015 - John E. Mudd.
September 21, 2015
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico at a Crossroads in New York on September 28, 2015. Click Here to Register.
February 26, 2015
House Subcommittee Hearing on H.R. 870 Granting Recognition of Puerto Rico as a "State" for Purposes of Access to Chapter 9 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code – Professor Arturo Porzecanski Statement and Statement of Four Witnesses and Video of the Proceedings.
February 19, 2015
Moody's Downgrades Puerto Rico GO Bonds to Caa1 from B2, COFINA to B3/Caa1 from Ba3/B1.
February 9, 2015
U.S. District Court Holds that Puerto Rico’s Recovery Act is Unconstitutional – Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft Memorandum.
February 6, 2015
Puerto Rico Recovery Act Preempted.
December 12, 2014
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico: Scenarios for 2015.
November 19, 2014
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico: Scenarios for 2015 to be Held in NYC on December 12, 2014. Click Here to Register.
November 7, 2014
"Weak Economic Growth Prospects Could Constrain Puerto Rico's Credit Quality." - David Hitchcock (Standard & Poor's).
October 24, 2014
"Puerto Rico Needs a Financial Control Board." - Arturo Porzecanski (American University) - The Hill.
September 18, 2014
"The Government Development Bank: At The Heart of Puerto Rico's Financial Crisis." Arturo Porzecanski (American University).
June 30, 2014
"The Rules Changed Overnight; Downgrade Assured Guaranty and MBIA to Underweight." June 30, 2014 - Peter Troisi, Brian Monteleone and Thomas Walsh (Barclays).
June 27, 2014
"Implications of Puerto Rico's Recovery Act." June 27, 2014 - Thomas Weyl, Sarah Xue and Ming Zhang (Barclays).
June 18, 2014
EMTA Special Seminar: Puerto Rico: Crisis and Opportunity to be Held in NYC on June 25, 2014. Click Here to Register.